Monday, May 13, 2013

Seat of Knowledge





From Lena’s journals:
Lorewalker Cho had sent me off to explore Pandaria.  For many days, Pryt and I traveled the continent, meeting with the people, learning more about the land and the culture.  I was even drawn into assisting in some of the conflicts.  As Alliance and Horde forces engage in this beautiful place, the Pandaren have recruited our help in defending their homeland.  

 

Since the Horde and the Alliance both have landed on the shores of Pandaria, I have been told, the forces of the Sha have returned and are being unleashed upon the continent.  This is told to us quite matter-of-factly, as if the people knew that it would happen.  These are quite resolute people, not concerned with taking action against us as “invaders” to their land, but rather taking action against the Sha, and returning the manifestations of negative emotion to oblivion.  The blame does indeed lie with the rest of Azeroth – but it is of little concern when the Sha are a far larger threat.  

 

Pryt and I finally made our way to the Shrine of Seven Stars, a fair hub of activity in Pandaria.  I am pleased to note that there are many vendors, shops, inns, and taverns in this place.  It reminds me of Dalaran and sometimes of Shattrath, but much busier, noted by how often I trip over my fellow Alliance and try to hold my tongue in regards to members of the Horde wandering about.  I will likely make this a temporary home, and will certainly return the news of this place to the rest of the Shadows.  

 

Cho summoned me to the Mogu’shan Palace.  I have only been inside the courtyard, but the place has an uneasy aire.  Cho sent his pet serpent, Mishi, to collect me and drop me off at the upper spires of the palace, where the Seat of Knowledge is housed.  After greeting the pandaren as an old friend, we set to work.  He has cleared off an entire bookshelf just for my use, and I am grateful.  My notes are starting to weigh heavily in my bags, and the artifacts I have been collecting have certainly hindered Pryt’s travel speed and increased his fatigue.  It will be nice to relieve myself of these items while I continue to explore the continent.  

 

The Seat of Knowledge has quickly become my new favorite place, aside from my home in Stormwind.  I feel as if I belong here, among tomes outlining the culture and the legends of the land.  The texts and scrolls Cho has shown me are astounding, and I am reading voraciously again, enraptured by the new stories and histories.  I have even been rewarded for some of my archaeological finds.  Cho was very surprised by a few of the artifacts I brought to him, and asked me to continue my research.  It appears all that time spent on archeological digs on Azeroth have paid off – knowing where to look, and how to seek out the things that have been forgotten under earth and stone.    

 

There is much more to learn and explore here, and Shadows will be a significant part of the Alliance’s foothold in this place, I am certain.  My comrades are spread far and wide, and I am anxious to see them all again.  But we were given our assignments, and we scattered.  No doubt, they are spending their time as I am: learning all they can about this place, these people, and contemplating what we might do here.  

 

I can only hope that the influence of the Sha will not overcome us.  We must be diligent in our emotional control, never giving in to the negativity.  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment