Monday, May 13, 2013

Lorewalking

From Lena’s journals:

We have set up a temporary camp in this strange new world that those around us call “Pandaria”.  In our rush to enlist and ally with the peoples here, I have been taking special note of the history of the lands.  I have befriended the “Lorewalker” named Cho, a strange species of humanoid called “Pandaren”.  Lorewalker Cho is a keeper of the mysteries of the continent, somewhat of a historian, someone much like myself, steeped in scholarly lore.  He has allowed me to assist him in researching artifacts, introducing me to the history of his people and, I think, occasionally introducing me to their philosophies.  

 

He led me to a pagoda and introduced me to a new way of meditating.  Rather than probing the arcane with my mind, he asked to focus inward, finding my own center.  The experience was strange, but enlightening, and I think I may enjoy studying further with Cho.  

 

Cho took me to a few peaceful sites, away from the chaos of the shorelines, where he would tell me stories of the pandaren, and I would tell him a bit of the history of the draenei and the Alliance.  The pandaren strive to love life as much as possible, and I can see that in Cho’s peaceful visage.  But, he said, there was a reason.  

 

While we examined a few artifacts, I was overcome with a strange sensation.  Suddenly, a dark, snarling figure leapt from the artifact and attacked.  In shock, I responded instinctively, killing the thing with my fire, and looking to Cho, hoping I did not offend.  

 

The dark figure, Cho said, was a physical manifestation of a force called the Sha, which represents negative emotion.  I inquired for further explanation, but Cho smiled serenely and patted my hand, telling me there was much more to learn, and that there would be time.  

 

I am anxious to learn about this beautiful place, but I am equally as concerned about what the Horde may be learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment