Monday, May 13, 2013

Doubt and Anger





From Lena’s journals:
The longer I spend time in Pandaria, the more I realize the cause and effect that the Sha have on this place and the people here, and even ourselves, those of us who have all but invaded the land.  

 

I have gotten whiff of rumors from the order that there is unrest between a few of our members.  Are some of us more susceptible to our emotions?  Are we listening to the whispers of doubt, anger, anxiety and negativity that the Sha plant within us?  

 

We must be resolve in this.  I have been studying faithfully with Lorewalker Cho, but even I can feel the tugs of uncertainty in my heart.  What are we doing here?  Certainly, the land is ripe with resources and history and legend – but is discovering it all worth the risk we pose to others?  To ourselves?

 

Whilst exploring Kun-Lai Summit last week, I heard it.  I heard the Sha speaking to me, echoing within my head.  I felt it reverberating in my heart.  Those around me must have also heard and felt it, for I saw their eyes and the flashes of uncertainty within, as if they were tasting rage for the first time and unsure what to do with it.  

 

And then, along the road between Grummie settlements, I saw it.  The Sha of Anger that Cho had mentioned to me.  It was a horrible, awful sight to behold.  It curled up from the ground in hideous black swirls, the creatures within a close radius immediately turning on one another, and starting to howl and charge those of us who seemed innocent bystanders.  I swiftly rose higher in the air on the flying disc that Cho had bestowed to me to avoid the fray, and was greeted by an even more gruesome sight.  I was face to face with this thing, the Sha, and it glared and cackled, roaring taunts to all nearby.  

 

I felt rage like nothing I had ever felt before rising in me, and it scared me.  As the Sha’s influence over the nearby creatures grew, it laughed, urging the beasts on.  Backing away to remove myself from it’s power over me, I let out a roar of my own, spreading my arms and shouting to be heard over it.  

 

COURAGE.  DO NOT FALTER!


Light, do not fail us…  Shadows of Argus cannot fall now.  There is too much at stake.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment